Research & Development Scientist III
May 17, 2022
Precision BioLogic is growing and looking for a Research & Development Scientist to join our team.
As the R&D Scientist III, you will play a critical role in the organization by driving innovation and/or establishing collaboration opportunities for Precision BioLogic and leading the design, execution, analysis, and evaluation of company research projects. You will lead a broad range of laboratory work requiring the application of professional judgment in the selection of specialized methods and techniques, and their application to specific tasks while also contributing to new product development and the subsequent transfer of new technologies, products, and manufacturing processes to the production and manufacturing team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing R&D plans and protocols for new product development projects using scientific methods and experimental design
- Leading R&D project teams in the design and execution of experiments required for product development activities
- Analyzing experimental data and providing timely, accurate, and concise summaries and reports
- Authoring and reviewing grant proposals, SOPs, project summaries, scientific and technical reports\
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and technical support to R&D team members
- Keeping abreast of scientific/technological developments and sharing new ideas with the team
- Performing timely documentation of all phases of R&D according to current company GLP and SOPs
- Assisting in the transfer of new technologies, product, and manufacturing processes into and out of operations
- Writing and providing support for writing investigational experiment (IE) protocols and reports
- Performing other related duties as assigned
As the R&D Scientist III, you are a natural communicator and collaborator with experience in assay development, ideally as it relates to hemostasis and coagulation. The thought of developing products that improve the patient experience excites you, and your past work experiences allow you to problem solve while thinking outside the box. You can deliver a message clearly to a wide and varied audience and your knack for building relationships makes you a valuable addition to any team.
Your qualifications include:
- A PhD in Hematology or a related field and 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience in the development of in vitro diagnostic assays, such as immunoassays
- A strong knowledge of formulation and production workflow, which allows you to scale up R&D work into the production phase
- Understanding the application of the scientific method to experimental design and problem solving; applying knowledge and experience to solve a variety of laboratory problems and communicating results, problems, and progress to senior management
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a proven ability to mentor junior staff
- Strong experience with experiment design and design of research by providing detailed research plans that address design requirements
- Experience working within design control processes and familiarity with GMP
- Excellent understanding of current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) as well as knowledge of ISO 13485 standards, FDA 21CFR820 regulations, and CLSI & ISTH guidelines
- Experience with performing data analysis using a statistical software package; ideally R for Data Science or other such software
- You are a self-starter, innovative thinker and are able to perform with minimal supervision
- You are a strong communicator and possess interpersonal skills that provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks
As the R&D Scientist III, you will be joining a team that is passionate about providing a superior product and experience to their customer and that values its employees and positive team relationships. You will be given the opportunity to use your leadership skills and work as part of a strong team on projects where you will see the whole journey of the product development lifecycle. The culture at Precision BioLogic sets us apart and staff feel they are given the latitude to make decisions and think creatively. Additionally, our size allows us to nimbly respond to market opportunities and as part of our team you will have the opportunity to be part of the development of products that allow for better patient diagnosis and care.
Precision BioLogic has created a highly participatory work environment with plenty of opportunity to contribute to our success. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and résumé in confidence, along with compensation expectations.